top of page
  • jcampbe110

Managers Report - Sat 30/10/21 - Parkfield 1 - 3 Old Woodhousians


The early pacesetters were hosting us only four weeks from taking maximum points off of us , but this gave us an early opportunity to reverse the 2-5 defeat. Fresh in the memory was the Old Woods tactic of hitting very long balls from deep in their own half, usually orchestrated by their keeper, into eager forward players feet. As such Parkfield were prepared, particularly the central defensive partnership of Dom and Glenn. Into midfield came back Mike Davidson to give some presence on what turned out to be a very wet pitch. A number of late drop outs gave Nelson Santos a start and he looked tidy on the ball with some neat touches. Lamar looking confident in the centre of the park alongside Mike began to create opportunities. However the much changed Woods team broke forward at times and only the agility and alertness of Luke in goal prevented Parkfield from falling behind. Reds went in front from one of their first corners, Del placing the cross right on Dom’s bonce and the Woods net billowed. 1-0. Woods continued to probe without much joy until just before half-time when a ball from deep, which was more of a speculative effort towards the goal, dropped in front of Luke who had set himself for an easy catch, and hit the only divot on the wet pitch and freakishly looped up and over the unfortunate goalie into the net. Half-time 1-1

There was disappointment at half time regarding two awful decisions not to award the Reds 2 penalties by the ref in the first 45 minutes. However the warning signs were there when he went to the wrong ground and got locked in the car park. Consequently a Woods substitute had to go and fetch him resulting in a twenty minute delay to kick off.

Reds confidence took a blow in the first 5 minutes of the second half, when a sloppy pass was intercepted and although Woods gained possession 15yards inside their own half, 10 seconds later the ball was nestling the Reds net. A setback so early in the half however Reds rallied and with the lively Kacey running at the Woods leftback you felt a goal would be on the cards. With 15 minutes remaining Parkfield should have got their reward as the ball flashed across the six yard box, Sima just didn’t quite react to what could have been deserved equaliser. Understandable as he had played on his own up front, being the only recognised Parkfield forward available for the game. As the final minutes approached you felt a goal would not come, then it did…in the wrong end! Luke who had a splendid game in goal was unable to stop a second attempt from the Woods winger after blocking the first. The game was put bed. The game had slipped from our grasp and left us feeling how different it could have been had just one of our three missing forwards been available. 1-3 scoreline

17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page